New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Friday 25 November 2011

Third week (D+15)

As you might have noticed, I haven't been running for a few days because I was out of town for work. However, I took my five fingers with me and today I was walking around the town with them on. Some people looking strangely at my feet, even a few cops when I was asking them for directions. Was good but now I feel that my feet are tired, or at least that they have been working. Tired. Will take it easy tomorrow.

Just went for a 20 minutes run. It is getting real cold here. I could feel it on my toes. However, that was still supportable. The stones are also an issue, but it is ok. It is clearly more enjoyable to run on concrete, but the woods are fine. The run went fine, but now, I can really feel my feet. Lots of sensations down there. I guess it is a normal reaction from the stones and the cold. But it is fine.

Rereading the past posts, I realize that may be from the outside, it all seems to easy. May be I should start describing some problems, if not, you out there will stop reading this blog and just go running barefoot without consideration. It might be true that this is so far going well, but as I mentioned previously, I believe that this is thanks to the fact that I am taking it easy, attempting to do a smooth transition, keeping my classical shoed running and slightly replacing it by barefoot. So far it has been well, but I had some 'feelings', not real pain yet to confirm that the 'take it easy' option is the good one. So we will see, may be I'll run into troubles soon, but please take it slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment