New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Friday 25 November 2011

First pain (D+15)

Clearly I have spoken to fast on my last post. And I don't write that because of the last post. Today, around 2 hours after my run, I began to develop some pain below the right foot. Clearly at the area of landing, at the edge between the toes and the sole of the feet. There is the beginning of a small inflammation, with redness, swelling, and some itching. I had something very similar shortly after my last full marathon, that I ran with thin soled shoes, followed by a lot of falling on my feet while climbing. So I know the feeling and this is clearly similar. Meaning that I have probably done too much of it too hard. Nothing serious though, I can still walk and the pain is barely noticeable. But still a reminder that I should be careful. I did really enjoy my run though. And I don't know if this is due to the running in itself or to stepping on a pointy stone right at this location of the feet.

Let see how this evolves during the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment