New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Saturday 19 November 2011

First pain (D+9)

Today I woke up with pain on the upper side of the left feet, at the base of the big toe, just at the point of flexion between the toe and the foot. I could also see a red dot of the size of the nail right there. It went better after a couple of hours, but this just goes to show that you should take it easy, and even if it looks like I am going slowly, I am probably doing good not to overdue it too fast.

I also do a lot of climbing, and I frequently have some kind of overstretching of the fingers. The feeling in the feet is very similar, which probably shows that I am close to the physical limit of my feet. I have to take it easy and let the feet adapt, grow muscles, ...
No so fast, take it easy seems to be the key to a successful adaptation to barefoot running. After my run of Yesterday, Friday, I was feeling really good and wanted more. I was planning to go for half an hour on Sunday. I will see how the feet feel, but I think I'll probably rest a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment