New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Monday 7 November 2011

Personal history.

Hi, as promised, just a little background about myself. I have been doing sport since I can remember. I use to play football (the one that is played with the feet) since I can stand, and this implies a lot of running. Mostly around the field which is pretty boring, but I use to play a lot of soccer during school recess too. Around age 20, I was introduced to serious running by a colleague, but didn't really pick it up before around age 25. It is only then that I happened. I discovered the joy of running for running, not to keep in shape, not to chase a ball, but just for the pleasure of it. Related to this 'Joy of running' a friend of mine wrote a very interesting evolutionary post. I would invite any interested runner to have a look at it. It contain some interesting speculations. Anyway, this discovery of the joy of running happened thank to a colleague. This day and this colleague, I will never forget. Since then, I am now almost 40, I have run around 10 marathon, with a personal best below 3h10, and plenty of smaller races, too many to count them. I run regularly since at least 10 years, with at least twice one hour per week. Unfortunately, running is not my only sport, I have a family and a work. Thus, I don't have enough time in life to do all the sport I want. So twice to three times one hour a week is pretty much all the running I can afford. Although running is mainly an individual sport, I run frequently with a group of colleagues. It is also nice to share thoughts and discuss other issues at least during the first half of the run. For the second half, most of us are too focussed in their legs to talk anyway.

Just checked the web site, shoes should arrive in a week. It is exciting. I have ran my usual 13k in an hour today. I had some itchy feelings in the lower part of the knee cap, not really pain, but a sensation that it could become one. One of my hopes is that barefoot running will provide me with a safer, more natural, more relaxed way to run. It might be that I am a bit tense while running. Basically, to get more out of my running. Enough for today, see you next time, bye bye.
Previous post Next post

No comments:

Post a Comment