New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Sunday 20 November 2011

I love it! + first hill (D+10)

I just love it! Running barefoot is so great! Despite the pain waking up last night, my feet felt perfectly fine today. I knew I shouldn't but I guess a lot of runners out there would understand. So I couldn't resist and went for a new run. I felt so good that I slightly increased the time and distance, went for 5-6 km in 25 minutes, including my first hills. And I JUST LOVE IT. It is difficult to describe, but running just seems easier, just seems to be free of going anywhere, doing whatever, apparently with less effort. I still feel close to the ground, but don't pay much attention to the irregularities on the ground. I went on concrete, so it is easier. I just love this sensation. I thought I should let my feet rest after the pain yesterday, but couldn't and went for another one. I wanted to keep it low, max. 15 minutes, but I felt so good, that I went for 10 more minutes and had to force myself to stop. I also went for my first hill, just to see. At some point, at the beginning of attacking the downhill part, I slapped my feet flat on the ground and felt that I should try to avoid to do that again, but that was all. Apart from that, nothing noticeable at all. It all went fine. After 10 days, I am up to 25 minutes, at a satisfying speed. It looks like I am well on schedule to do a half-marathon in slightly more than five months. Let's see how my feet react to this longer run. Stay posted. Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. So how did the feet react and did you do any more runs in the meantime??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feet are fine, thanks Anonymous. But interestingly, the Monday night, I couldn't sleep because my feet were itching. Like a growing adolescent, you know? Interesting.
    Didn't run yet, cause I was out of town, but walked around in the city with Five Fingers, and will go again today.
    Thanks for your interest.
    RD

    ReplyDelete