New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Friday 11 November 2011

First sensation. (D+1)

So this is it, the shoes arrived and I had to go give it a go. First thing to say is that the shoes are actually very comfortable. It just feels very natural, This feeling of not having the toes clamped together is very nice. So size wise, if you have to order through the net, your normal size might just do it. Or may be I just got lucky.

Now of course, I wanted to take it easy and just go for a slow five minutes run. It feel so good that I did ten. However, during the last two minutes, I could feel some very minor feelings in the toes. Nothing really, but just to let me know that it is enough for today and time to let my feet rest and start to adapt. The running in itself was very interesting, you do really feel close to the ground, in close interaction with it. I know it sounds stupid to say, but you ought to give it a try to realize that. Of course, you also feel any minor defects on the ground, a stone, a small hole, anything is immediately noticed, but so far, that has not been a problem, that is why there is a very thing sole and not just barefoot.

So the first sensation was definitively enjoyable. Let's see wait for next time. Something worth noticing though is that I went running just before going to swim. While swimming, I had cramp in the sole of the feet, something that didn't happened to me since a very long time. I don't know if it is related to the barefoot run just before, but I just wanted to let you know.

See you next time, for another barefoot attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment