New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Monday 14 November 2011

Second run (D+4)

While walking around at work today, I realize that my feet are more sensitive. Indeed, I can feel, specially below the ball of the foot that I have been walking barefoot for more than one hour yesterday. Which, to me just confirms that I should take it easy. The feet need time to adapt, develop muscles, ...

Anyway, that is it, I went for a second run. I did the same distance, but unwillingly went a bit faster. Everything fine. Really the sensation of running barefoot is amazing, I stronly recommend it to anyone. However, I can also feel by now that something is happening to the sole of my feet, specially where the toes join the foot. It is a sensation difficult to describe, no pain at all, but not specially enjoyable, but not disturbing neither. Clearly something is happening down there and it all started with those shoes. Am I going to fast? Should I allow my feet to rest more? Or should I on the opposite enjoy the momentum and go for more, faster, higher, longer? If you guys know something about it, let me know.
Noticed a little redness just below the ball of the feet, just where I could feel something. Nothing special, it disappeared after a day.

Whatever is happening right now, I clearly enjoy the sensation of running directly on the ground. Let see if it keeps going that well. I'll let the feet rest tomorrow and go for another slightly longer run on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Has anyone considered what bare foot running might do the feet over time i.e. having no arch support and spreading the toes out individually could make the feet become wider and make the wearing of everyday shoes uncomfortable..

    What was the third motivation by the way??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting point. So do you mean we have to force our toes into the shoes instead of making wider shoes?
    On the other side, humanity has been walking and running with arch support for many years, before some smart business man introduced us this need. It actually seems that a lot more trouble comes from moving with shoes than without. I'll post more on that soon. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete