New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Friday 11 November 2011

Here they are! (the Day)

Great news, the shoes just arrived. Now I promised to go slowly. So take it easy, be patient. From what I have red, this is the key to a safe transition. And that is the main motivation.

Of course, I couldn't wait and had to try them on. Hmm, interesting. After fighting a bit to get the small toe in his pocket, and it is not totally there yet, I have to say that this is quite comfortable. Nice feeling. Of course you do feel much closer to the ground but the very first feeling is good. Very positive, I like this sensation. At least inside. Have to go out.

That's it, just came back from running in between the buildings. Colleagues looking at me like I am crazy, all formally dressed up and running around with almost nothing on my feet. But it is nice, I like it. So far, it was only on concrete. I was a bit afraid that it would be too hard and hurt, but nothing like it. It actually feels very good.

Ok, so the shoes just arrived. Because I told you it is all about a slow, gradual transition, I will start a graph of soled vs bare runs. The idea being to gradually replace the former by the later.
So stay tuned, because the big experiment is about to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment