New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Thursday 22 December 2011

First time one hour (M+1)

That is it, I have past a first milestone today, I have run more than one hour barefoot. It is the first time that my barefoot running (green bars in graphs) is longer than my shoed one (blue bars). Mainly on concrete, with a bit on dirt path, it also included ~25 minutes on the running tracks. It was definitively nice on the tracks. I started slowly, at a pace of 4'23/km, speeding it up to 4'00 and finishing at a pace of 3'43, then a recovery km at 4'56. That is also the nice bit on running on track, is that you can really pace yourself accurately. I was barefoot and it had snowed two days ago in town, so there was still some small puddles of really cold water on the tracks. Well, surprisingly, it felt really good to step barefoot on the cold water. It was very refreshing. Normally with shoes, you always try to avoid the water, barefoot, it fells really good, it cools your feet down, very nice.

Anyway, I think I have passed an important first mark today, running more than one hour barefoot. Now, I will increase the time spend barefoot and decrease the time with shoes. I will still keep the Wednesday shod because that is when we go out for the big tour with colleagues. But that should be the only thing I do with shoes.
After a bit more than a month, exactly 42 days to be precise, I have passed the first cap, one hour barefoot, without major pain. It has been a relatively smooth process so far. On schedule for the half in four months. Now I have to increase the speed and the frequency. See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment