New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Back after skiing week I (M+1)

Back from one week of skiing in the Italian Alps. Skiing season has always been bad for my running schedule, but skiing is also a very good training for the legs.
I have been able to fill in a couple of miles in one of those afternoons where I wasn't skiing for family reasons. I went out on the street with minimal clothing. It was actually quite warm, but people being in the mountain think that you have to dress as in the mountain. So I had a lot of looks on my short, bare legs and 5fs. Only went for around 20 minutes.
But I am back on the tracks and went running barefoot for 50 minutes yesterday. I had a weak pain (scale of 2 on the graph) that actually started while skiing. I am not sure if it is due to the skiing or to the barefoot. Most likely a combination of both. My feet were probably weakened by the barefooting, and being on the skis all day must have done something to it.

Anyway, back on the barefoot tracks. Happy new year.

Previous post Next post

No comments:

Post a Comment