New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Saturday 7 January 2012

Short Saturday run (M+1)

Went back on the track again. It was good. I still had this small inflammation, little feeling below the feet, mostly on the right one, at the edge between the toes and the sole, but not a real pain anymore, just a feeling (1 on the scale). Could only go for 35 minutes, on the track so I could pace me. Started at a peace of 4'/km, followed by one km at 4'38 and finishing with a last one at 3'36. With the time to go and come back, it was all together 35'. I really like this barefoot running feeling. Interestingly, the feet feel better after, like if the inflammation diminished due to the stamping. Whatever it is, it feels better now. I reiterate the fact that it feels really good to step in puddles of cold water along the way. It is one of the many advantages of barefoot running, it has a really refreshing feeling. When you wonder about cold feet in the winter in Germany, I tell you, 'It is really nice to step in cold water to refresh you feet". I have to admit that the first 3-4 minutes of the run, I had the impression that it was a bit cold below the feet, but after 5 minutes this feeling was gone and as I said, I was even happy to refresh them in cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment