New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Too thin soles? (M+2)

Went back Monday on the tracks, for 63' fully 5Fs. I timed myself again running 6x1 km at a pace between 4'55 and 3'35.
...
Still some swelling feeling below the feet, mostly the right one, 2 days after my over one hour barefoot run on Monday. It is ok, I barely feel it, I walk and move around normally, but still this feeling there. I hope that will stop. I am beginning to think that may be i choose too thin a sole. That has came to me because, I have made another adept, two in fact, two colleagues that also bought their own 5Fs. One of them choose another model with thicker sole and said that it is ok for him in the woods. May be I have been overconfident when I choose mine and I should buy myself a pair with a thicker sole for running on stony grounds. I'll get myself a thicker pair.
Went again today shod for our classical Wednesday run, 17 km in 76'.

No comments:

Post a Comment