New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Saturday 21 January 2012

Torn calf still not good (M+2)

Saturday, after a quite but good Wednesday shod run, I thought that I would be OK today to retake my barefoot runs. I was wrong. It went fine up to 20 minutes, after which I began to feel again the tore in my calf (score of 2 in my scale). I ran one more kilometer just to be sure, but clearly it was coming back. Not very intense but i preferred to take it easy and came back at a slow pace. After a total of 35', I even stopped running and walked, just to avoid tearing it again (so I raised to pain score to 3 because I had to stop running). It doesn't hurt now, neither did it during the run, but it was there. So, 6 days after it, I still didn't recover completely just yet, despite the OK run on Wednesday, 3 days after. It seems that it is not that straightforward to switch to barefoot running. Take it easy, don't overdo it too fast. Despite this, I still enjoy it, it is very nice, I would recommend it to any one that want to give it a try. But you clearly need time to adapt.
I will do just that, not run until the Wednesday shod run.

No comments:

Post a Comment