New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Sunday 11 December 2011

Getting serious (M+1)

It is now a month since I received the barefoot five-fingers. I thought it was about time to get serious, do something more than a short warm up, followed by 10-15 minutes. It was time for a longer run. I went out five-fingered on concrete for 35 minutes. It felt incredible, really good. However, I now realized that I am getting blisters just at the edge of the feet, at the beginning of the toes. Really small and tiny blisters, one in each foot, but blisters. I opened them up, dried them and it is fine now. However, the feet felt weird for a couple of hours. No pain but just like when a wound is curing. Some itchy feelings, some sensations that you cannot really define or associate to a particular area. May be it is just my feet growing. I realized that I probably don't use them five-fingers enough. Using them principally over the weekend only is unlikely to be sufficient. I should probably wear them more and walk around. However, with my job, that consist mainly of sitting down all day, there is not much else I can do. I will have to satisfy with this. Surely I would be best to wear them more, not only for running, but just walking too, just for the feet to get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment