New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Sunday 20 May 2012

Who's your dady now?

That's it, have done it. I ran my barefoot half marathon this weekend in 88 minutes. Well, of course, it was approximately, I ran from home to home, passing most of the time on the exact path of the HD half (I live in the Weststadt). So it might not have been exactly 21 km, but it is as close as I could estimate. And honestly, it can't have been far from it. I went at a pretty good pace, even at close to my maximum sustainable for a while. It felt good. And my 5F's feet are feeling real good now. early Sunday morning, Listening in this order to The Vasco ear, Louis XIV, MIA, and finishing with Rammstein. The title of this post is from one of the Louis XIV song, that I really enjoyed at that time, while running. I thought it would be appropriated. Thus, all in all, I believe that I have now completely switched to barefoot running, I don't run with shoes since a few months, I have run more than 1 hour and a half 5F's, and a half marathon (even if unofficial and approximate distance). Given that I received my first 5F's shoes the 11th of November, we are the 20th of May, and considering ski season, and the traveling, it means that it took me 6 months to make the transition from shod to barefoot running. The motivation behind this blog was only to document this transition. I will keep you posted on the evolution though. And this is related to another post where I was asked if I would advice to begin running directly barefoot.



Obviously I need to make this official in a regular race now. So I will be looking for the next half marathon close to HD next month. But as I already mentioned, I will be traveling a lot the coming weeks. We will see.

In summary, after 6 months, I can say that switching to barefoot running was
not painless or even injury free but probably I was too ambitious, too naive, and not patient enough, a new discovery, not so difficult, changes a lot your running posture and style, a lot of fun. Now, I completely switched to barefoot and running is a pleasure again, I am always looking forward to the next run.

Previous post Next post

No comments:

Post a Comment