New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Wednesday 29 February 2012

First king's chair barefoot

That is it, I have done it. I just ran our famous Wednesday track completely barefoot in a normal time. 1h10 for 15km, in the woods, with up- and down-hills. Very nice feeling. I am still a bit prudent when going downhills, but that is just a question of practice. I am very happy. And those new shoes with 7mm sole are clearly an enormous difference. Who would believe that a few millimeters could make such difference. Not a man, of course.
A now, a couple of hours after that, with the feet rested, it feels good. I can feel that the feet have worked, they are slightly itchy, but nothing bad. Far away from painful, just as after a long training session when the muscles are recovering.
Nice, can't wait to go again barefoot. It is just so nice. I love it. I think I will be ok for the half marathon in 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment