New?

This site is best viewed chronologically, start here. Then follow the post order in the archive.

Recommendations: 7mm sole, don't go too fast, take your time, on concrete, flat, no hills!
If you don't do that, go below 7mm, go too fast or up-hills, you will get injured.

Saturday 4 February 2012

Cold wave in Europe (M+3)

Really cold here. Although It is probably around 0 degree, I still went out. Just 40' at a pace of around 4'20/km. An interesting note is that the pavement on the street was really cold. I could feel my toes getting numb and I thought that I would have to stop. But after 6', I reached the running tracks and there it was fine. The cover there is made of some kind of rubber. So it doesn't get cold at all. I guess that as long as it isn't covered by snow, the tracks are a nice alternative to keep your feet from freezing. 40' is also good for me at this moment. I felt the place where the calf was torn. I felt I shouldn't try to go faster. That was probably one of the reasons for tearing my calf last month, too fast too early. 40' not too fast is just the right pace and length for me so far. After three months of barefooting, I am slowly learning.

Previous post Next post

No comments:

Post a Comment